Wednesday, April 28, 2010

12 months and Counting!



Okay.. so we're at the 1 year mark! AHHHHHHHH!! I'm actually not nervous at all. Just feeling overwhelmed. There is still a lot to do. A lot more than I originally thought about. Then again, I could be turning all of this into something it shouldn't be. And that sounds about right for me! Mark on the other hand, is one of those guys who takes things as they come. He doesn't want to deal with it until it presents itself. I see that as not being much of a planner (which ya kinda need in a wedding), and he see's it as not getting stressed.
I think he's got a better view-point then I do. I need to realize that it's just ONE day, and nothing more than a big party. The colors, the lights, the music, the "this" and the "that" will all be apart of this wedding, but just take it on the day it presents itself and figure it out immediately. As long as there is a wedding (and alcohol) then we're going to be just fine!
This past weekend, Mark's parents came down from Dallas for a visit. It was so fantastic to see them! (Rocky too!) They arrived on Friday evening, where we popped open some wine, made some shish-ka-bobs, and chatted all night long. My parents were wanting to see them as well, so they also came over. It was great having both of our parents at our house. Bringing up memories of Wilson, (Mark's mom grew up there too!! [small world]) and discussing how Mark and I met. :)

Life has a way of becoming overwhelming, but as long as you have family around to support you, you're blessed in more ways then you'll ever imagine. We're very lucky to have two families who are amazing!!

1 comment: