Sunday, April 11, 2010

See Where This Goes


So life is a Golden Adventure - or so it will be in about 12 1/2 months! My name is Kathie, and I will soon be marrying my love, my companion, and my best friend, Mark, next April 2011. I figured this would be a great for those who might not know Mark, or those who might not know me, or for those who just want to snoop around and see whats happening in our world! We love ya! Come on in!

To date... a lot has actually been accomplished. We've picked a date - April 23rd, 2011 (Easter Weekend); chosen a venue for both the ceremony and reception (http://www.safaritexasballroom.com/); decided on colors (peacock colors!), attendants, food, and found a dress (sorry! Mark's ganna read this. No-link-for-you!).

Phew!

Thats a lot just thinking about it! But there is so much more to come that I'm excited for the both of us!

Today, Mark and I discussed budget. (que scary music - don, don, dooooonnn!) Yes - budget. No one really like talking about money - especially when there isn't much to disperse. And it wasn't unlike changing a dirty diaper, really. Dirty, a handful, and patched quickly! (sorry!) But it had to be done. We decided that the cheaper, the better. We'll provide plenty of drinks - and you won't even remember we skimped on food. Ha! Only kidding, but we're going to try and keep things minimal on the back side. So you, our families, won't even notice. I'll keep everyone updated on what we're doing - how we're purchasing things - and hopefully how we're saving money along the way!

and of course, I say this now, knowing in full confidence, that we're going to be over-budget. HAHA... C'est la vie!






No comments:

Post a Comment