Thursday, May 20, 2010

To Kid or Not Kid.... this is THE question.

I've found myself in a VERY difficult spot. Yes - this is all my doing. Mark has nothing to do with this. I've confirmed with people that I want to have children attend our wedding, and yet, at the same time, I'm very torn with the idea, but I've already tossed out there. I want the adults to have a fantastic time, without having to worry about their children. Does that mean that I get a babysitter and have them watch the children at the hotel? Does that mean to not have children attend the wedding at all? Do I allow people to bring their kids who want to? Do I make it an option? So here we go... a Pro's and Con's list for the reasons why we SHOULD provide a babysitter:

Pro's
1) Adults will have a relaxed, great time
2) Adults will not have to worry about where their child is all night long
3) No crying during the ceremony
4)

Con's
1) They're family members too and should be apart of the celebrations.
2) I love children.
3) They make for great entertainment
4)

I guess I could go on and on, but the bottom line actually belongs to #1 on the Con's section. We are going to have children attend the wedding. They're apart of our lives and should partake in the celebration. Now... I won't stop anyone who doesn't want their kids there. It's up the the parents, but children are indeed welcome to attend our wedding, and will even have their own dinner selection.

As always, the more the merrier!

1 comment:

  1. If you know anyone, and there is a spot to put them, you could consider having a sitter at the church so parents could drop off restless kiddoes before the ceremony and grab them after to enjoy the reception. Also, e-mail me the details when you get a chance!!! It's so close!!!!

    ReplyDelete